Castaway to Couture
Sarah got in touch to tell us about Castaway to Couture
Castaway to Couture is an exciting project for op shop lovers and refashioners. it is a National refashioning competition to celebrate National Sewing month in May, brought to you by the Australian Sewing Guild Inc. (ASG), in collaboration with Red Cross Shops.
The idea is simple, pick up a garment (or a few!) from Red Cross Shops, use your sewing skills to refashion it into something new and enter the competition via the ASG Facebook app. Winners will be determined via public vote, so make sure you let your friends know how they can vote for you!
The winner will receive a swag of prizes:
- A 12 month subscription to the Australian Sewing Guild Inc. RRP$60 (not to mention exclusive member discounts and deals)
- A 12 month subscription to ‘Love Sewing’ Magazine RRP$99.95
- A signed copy of ‘The Sewing Bible for Clothes Alteration’ by Judith Turner RRP$40
- 12 month access to the Genie Centre Magic Circle videos & ebooks RRP$144.95
- Plus articles/profiles of the winner will be published in ‘Love Sewing’ Magazine and on the Australian Sewing Guild website and blog. Just think of the exposure!
The Castaway to Couture competition is open to all Australians and don’t be put off that this is the Australian Sewing Guild – we truly welcome anyone who loves to sew! There will be no picky inspections by the ASG, it’s all down to the public to pick their fave refashion via the photos supplied. Entries open 2 March 2015 & closes 22 May 2015. For full details on the competition, terms and conditions etc please see – www.aussew.org.au
You can enter as many times as you want it it’s not just for expert seamstresses so next time you pop into a Red Cross Shop get inspired and get creative.
If any of you crafty op shoppers enter be sure to let me know and I’ll share some pics to help your votes on the page.