Join The Community
The I Love To Op Shop Facebook group is Australia’s largest community of op shop fans, formed in 2014 to run alongside the page and website.
I Love To Op Shop Group Guidelines
- The promotion of op shops, vintage, recycling and upcycling
- Sharing your thrifted treasures (op shopped, second-hand, garage sales, vintage finds included)
- Sharing news on new and closing op shops
- Asking questions about op shops and relevant events in your area
- Showing off your op shops
- Supporting your local op shops and the volunteers and staff who run them
- Garage sales can be posted once in the week of the event, no sales to be made on the group wall or bumping of posts during the week.
556:7 voted in favour of keeping this group positive. It will remain positive, helpful and supportive
- People have asked to see locations and suburbs, prices are optional and pictures are great
What you can’t do
- Post about, comment or share anything that may be deemed offensive, sexist, racist or anything that promotes hate ect.. If in doubt please run it by admin first, thanks. If you see it please report the post or admin or tag an admin. As of late Jan 2017 this now includes Golliwogs. I’d prefer the group remain united in it’s love of op shopping rather than divided over their opinion on them and there are constant divisions.
- Be negative about an individual op shop or a chain of op shops. Why? Well the group has people who choose to shop, donate, volunteer and work at all types of op shops for their own personal reasons, I want them to feel welcome when they log on. Your complaints will be far more effect if made directly to the op shop in question.
- Criticize peoples posts. Tag an admin or report the post if you feel it breaks any of the guidelines, if you just don’t like it please hide the post, block the poster or simply scroll past.
- Complain about pricing. You have every right to not be happy about pricing but this groups aim is not to debate pricing and now from experience this topic always ends up badly. These posts will be deleted before approval. This includes posting an item with the intention to open up debate.
- Admin will also not approve negative opinion posts made about the way the group is run, contact admin if you have issues. You do not have to agree to all the guidelines but you are also not being forced to stay. Admin along with all members of the group should not be subjected to abuse.
- Post about unrelated topics
- Attempt to sell goods via the group, there are plenty of good buy and sell groups on Facebook. Advertising options will be available soon
- If money has exchanged hands, gifts have gone missing, items sent have not been paid for please do not ask admin to get involved.
- Promote or spam the wall with your own or other pages, groups, websites ect….. The posts or comments will be removed, you will be removed if you continue to self promote. Please add to the other file for this if people are interested they can look there.
- If you have seen spam or posts you feel are inappropriate/incorrect/abusive or just unpleasant you can report them to the admin by hovering over the right of the post. The drop down will have a “report to admin” option. It can then be reviewed. No one other than the admins will know it has been reported.
- You can also tag admin in any post you feel if not appropriate or following the above guidelines.
- You also have the option to block any group members whos posts you would rather not see or to hide a post.
- Do not give your negative opinions on posts please, just scroll on. Do not enter into an argument, it just prolongs unnecessary drama.
- Screen shots can also be taken if you wish to send any info to admins of behaviour we may have missed.