Grouch Mail – Proving One Person’s Trash Is Another Person’s Treasure
How did grouch Mail Begin?
Oscar the Grouch spoke to me when I spotted him at Vinnies. I bypassed a pretty hot Action Man, several nudie rudie Barbies and then I saw him. It was meant to be!! It was like meeting a long lost soulmate.
He said “I need to travel Australia discovering trash, take jaunts to junkyards, revel in refuse sites, visit vintage and get down and dirty in some garage sales ”
I said “Take me with you” In my mind but replied “No worries you’re 25c and If I can help you achieve your dream I’m in”.
So it begins!
If you’d like to Help Grouch achieve his dream add your name to the list at the bottom of the page.
How Does It Work?
- Sign up below
- Wait to be emailed that he’s on his way
- Spend the $5 that will be sent with him at an op shop, garage sale, vintage shop…. I’ll try to add them to the map
- Share some photos with some info on the Facebook Group or email me. Tell us where you went, what you saw what you bought…
- Send on to the next treasure hunter with $5 for their trash and treasure trip.
- I’ll try to keep a record of all his trips and where he’s been here.
Thanks to everyone for taking part… well I someone does or I’m stuck with him and he is grouchy.
According to Wikipedia
Oscar the Grouch is a character on the television program Sesame Street. He has a green body (during the first season he was orange), has no visible nose, and lives in a trash can. His favorite thing in life is trash, as evidenced by the song “I Love Trash”. A running theme is his collection of seemingly useless items in his trash can.