At Eastside Repair Café you’ll find the tools and materials or advice to help you repair damaged items like: clothes, furniture, electrical appliances, bicycles, crockery, toys and much more. Learn from experienced volunteers with repair skills in all kinds of fields.
Repair Cafés are free events and all about repairing things & reducing waste together.
🌈AUGUST 12 REPAIRERS ARE CONFIRMED!
August 12 2023 Registrations are now open.
BOOK IN YOUR ITEM for a free repair. To help as many people as possible we will look at one item per visitor. If time allows, multiple items may be repaired if the visitor rejoins the queue after each successful repair . Please book only one repair per person via this system.
Priority will be given to booked items, but you can also try your luck on the day. Repair skills will vary from event to event (see below for this month’s). Plasticwise Eastside will be offering a free upcycled totebags to owners of items that are successfully repaired on the day! (until bags run out)
REPAIRERS AVAILABLE FOR:
⭐️ small furniture items, like chairs and side-tables
⭐️ kitchen utensils
⭐️ pots and pans
⭐️ musical boxes
⭐️ garden tools
⭐️ some jewelry items
⭐️ shoe sole resurfacing
⭐️ replacing zip sliders on outdoor bags and camping equipment
⭐️ book repairs
Clothing and fabric repairs:
⭐️ machine & hand-sewing
⭐️ visible mending
⭐️ loose or missing buttons
Electrical repairs: updated 08/08
Unfortunately electrical repairs are now unavailable this month.
What to bring:
⭐️ a broken item (optional)
⭐️ a desire to learn new skills
⭐️ reusable cup for a hot drink
Eastside Repair Cafe is proudly supported by Clarence City Council Community Grants Program and by Clarence Climate Action.
Useful information for attending an Eastside Repair Cafe event:
If you have replacement parts or pieces that may assist in the repair of your item please bring them with you on the day.
By registering your item you agree to the following House Rules:
– This registered booking gives you priority in the queue once you have checked in within the priority time noted on your ticket. It does not guarantee this will be at the start time of the priority window.
– One item per visitor. However, if time allows, you may rejoin the queue with another item after each successful repair.
– Visitors are expected to stay with their item repaiere while it is being repaired. Please grab a free cuppa or a $2 barista coffee/hot chocolate and enjoy learning about how your item will be repaired.
– Visitors offering broken items for repair do so at their own risk and no guarantee is given that the item will be accepted for repair, or will be repairable.
– Visitors may carry out repairs themselves, with support from repair experts on site.
– Repairs are free of charge by our volunteers, but donations are greatly appreciated
– A small fee may apply for new materials (if applicable)
– If an item cannot be repaired, the repair expert is under no obligation to reassemble the item and the visitor is responsible for the removal of all unrepairable items
– 15-20 minutes are allocated to repair each item, if an item requires a longer repair time the visitor may be asked to return later, or the repair may be refused.
– The organisers of the Repair Café and repair experts cannot be held liable for any kind of loss resulting from work performed in the Repair Café, including any loss resulting from advice or instructions given, or if repaired items subsequently fail to work
Head to the official link for booking details.