The City of Subiaco proudly supports Good Sammy’s event to swap your cloths with other fashion-forward enthusiasts.
Did you know that more than 200,000 tonnes of Australia’s clothing and textiles end up in landfill every year?
Reducing the impact clothing has on the environment and climate change is easier than you think! Buy second-hand and be part of a circular economy.
The event includes a presentation from Molly Ryan from Fibre Economy. Molly Ryan is a textile artist, researcher, and educator focused on understanding people’s relationships with clothing and textiles through practice-led research. Alongside her studio work, Molly is a co-founding Director of Fibre Economy, a social enterprise working towards a world without textile waste by establishing circular textile waste management systems in WA. Molly will discuss;
• Reducing waste through her creative and entrepreneurial practices
• Commitment to preserving the natural environment
How it works
1. Bring 1 – to 5 (maximum) items of clothing or accessories to add to the swap (other donation welcomed to be placed in the donation bins).
2. Clothing is checked in, then sorted onto racks and tables by our team.
3. Guests can begin taking and trying on swap items.
Rules of Swap
– Clothes brought to the swap MUST be clean, good quality and in good condition: not worn out, faded, pillaged or damaged. And if possible, items should be clean, folded or pressed. (Good quality also means something you would gift to a friend). Please be mindful and considerate of what other swappers will be happy to receive.
– We can’t guarantee guests will find their sizes as it depends on what other guests bring; Regardless, accessories are included in the pool, so there will be something for everyone. Therefore, we encourage ALL SIZES to participate in the swap. This swap is for all genders so we welcome clothing designed for male, female, adaptive and all body types.
– Items to bring: pants, skirts, tops, jumpers, coats, jumpsuits, shirts, shoes, bags, shorts, scarves, hats, dresses, sunglasses, jewellery.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ITEMS THAT DO NOT MEET THIS CRITERIA CANNOT BE ACCEPTED INTO THE SWAP
Head to the official Eventbrite link for booking details.